This is a list I compile each month of 10 articles that caught my eye (2 cents each). As always, this is only a sampling of some of the great information out there and there are a lot more I could have included. I encourage you to take a look at these and browse other articles on these sites as I know you’ll find lots of good stuff. Enjoy!
1. Nut at The Writer’s Coin asks Is It Immoral or Just Stupid to Live Beyond Your Means? I think this is a really important debate for the times we’re living in right now.
2. Adam at Magical Penny wrote about Lifestyle Inflation – The Silent Killer of Dreams. Magical Penny has become a favourite read for me, and I think it’s great to see someone so young interested in and promoting personal financial responsibility. Keep up the good work Adam!
3. Canadian Capitalist had some great advice for Canadians: Don’t Rush Your RRSP Decisions. Check out these great suggestions for avoiding a “hodgepodge” of investments in your RRSPs.
4. Thicken My Wallet wondered Why Are People So Bad with Money? It seems we need to spend a little more time on personal finance. There are some good suggestions here on how to get started.
5. Leo at Zen Habits offers 4 Simple Principles for Getting to Completion. Boy could I ever use this advice. I usually have a ton of half-completed projects on my to-do list!
6. Kathryn at Million Dollar Journey gives us 5 Ways to Reduce Financial Clutter. I’ve really dropped the ball a bit in this area lately. Thanks for the nudge Kathryn!
7. Big Cajun Man at Canadian Personal Finance Blog posted Harder Faster. Who else could connect a great Canadian band like April Wine with a C.D. Howe report on raising interest rates? There’s some good information here, and you just might find yourself googling April Wine to recall some of their hits.
8. Ryan at Cash Money Life wrote about Analysis Paralysis: The Cost of Inaction. I suffer from this ailment quite regularly, so I’m definitely going to take Ryan’s advice.
9. Michael James on Money offered Investing Lessons from Hockey. I’m a huge fan of risk/reward analysis – and the golden Canadian hockey team!
10. Larry MacDonald at Canadian Business asks is the CMHC Out of Control? It looks like the answer might be yes. This is something Canadians need to be aware of. Thanks Larry!